Who You Are
You are a Website Developer that shares our values, wants to work in a highly collaborative environment, and you have a keen eye and care for high quality and well executed design. You are comfortable building from mockups and prototypes provided by our core design team and you intuitively pay strong attention to detail. Passion and appreciation for excellent website design is a must for this position.
You might be a seasoned developer with years of development work under your belt, or you might just be kicking off your development career and are looking for an environment where you can grow your skills and learn from an experienced team. At Harc, we are looking to bring on the right fit for our team as a developer, regardless of previous experience.
What You Will Be Doing
- Attend regular creative team meetings as needed
- Review and digest the design/mockups provided by the core design team
- Provide feedback or ask questions about any design elements that may have technical or accessibility implications in the build
- Build the website based on the mockups/prototypes provided
- Always build according to WC3 Web Development Standards including considerations for SEO, accessibility, and responsiveness for varying devices
- Meet with and demo ongoing progress with the Project Manager
- Build on a secure dev or stage site throughout the build stage (we will provide environments)
- Deploy according to an agreed upon development schedule with the client
What You Will Bring
- Very strong HTML and CSS skills
- An understanding of why semantic HTML is important
- An eye for design – you know when things look bad or don’t look right
- An understanding of basic design elements (e.g. CSS transitions, flexbox, light JQuery) to build eye catching and responsive websites
- A knowledge of how to work with website assets including images, videos, and sound and best practices for file formats
- Experience with SEO and why it matters in development
- Knowledge of current and up to date accessibility standards for website builds
- Some experience with Canadian privacy/anti-SPAM policies is an asset
- A collaborative and learning mindset
- Attention to detail
What We Offer
As a growing agency, we are starting with a contract position for this role. Additionally, we offer:
- Competitive compensation ($35-60/hour dependent on experience)
- A balanced, healthy work environment with options to work remotely or in-office depending on your lifestyle and preference
- Mentorship and training opportunities
- Working on engaging and values aligned projects with exciting design to develop from
- Flexible work schedule
- Inclusion in decision making around project timelines to ensure that you have the time you need to do your best work
- An inclusive and open-minded environment where you can bring your full self and your lived experiences
We ask all interested candidates to have the ability to travel to our offices for in person meetings, which is located in downtown Vancouver.
We will be accepting applications until October 21, 2022.
Access, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
Harc Creative is a proud member of Canadian Accessible Employers. If you have access concerns with submitting your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your access requests. We welcome everyone who feels that they meet the core criteria of this position to apply regardless of racial/ethnic identity, gender identity, sexual orientation, accessibility needs, education, ability, or other systemic barriers. At Harc, we are strongly committed to ensuring that we consider all applicants equally and that our team reflects the intersectionality of a world we can all thrive in.